Saturday, May 1, 2010

"You are on the Path of My Choosing" -Jesus Calling

My daily devotional book, Jesus Calling often speaks to me every time I open it to read. Today's title was, "You are on the Path of My Choosing." I am on the path that God's chosen. That is so hard for me to comprehend sometimes. It's a constant struggle to not swirve onto Caroline's path. I'm a planner and I plan everything. I find myself so often lying in my bed after a full night of homework stressing and worrying about something days, weeks, and even months away. "Most people let their moments slip through their fingers, half-lived. They avoid the present by worrying about the future...They forget their Creator, who walks with them only in the present" -May 1st Jesus Calling. Coming up on the end of the school year, I have tried to get better about not stressing and worrying and just giving it all to God. It has definitely given me peace over all that's been going on. I strive to stay on the path of Christ, because I know that he has INCREDIBLE pit stops along the way and a few floods that he'll help me swim through whenever they arrive. As a follower of him, it is my desire not going to worry about the floods now because they are in the future. I long keep my head in the present, and let the Lord direct my steps and enable me to walk along His path.

No comments:

Post a Comment